The WADMC Marketing Committee, advises the Senior Vice PresidentTourism,
Director,Destination Campaign Marketing and Greater Williamsburg Chamber & Tourism Alliance Tourism Subcommittee.
The purpose of the WADMC Marketing Committee is to:
1. Ensure collaboration of the various groups in developing a coherent brand
strategy and integrated marketing plan.
2. Review the coherence of the individual group efforts;
3. Recommend strategy for the overall marketing plan; and
4. Review and recommend the annual WADMC marketing plan to the Tourism
The committee consists of:
1. Chairs of each of the four advisory groups:
Advertising, Public Relations, Internet/Social Media, Booking Engine
2. Director, Destination Campaign Marketing
3. The WCTA'S Senior Vice PresidentTourism
Members of the tourism community are eligible to serve on these advisory groups. The advisory
groups are limited to 10 participants each. An individual may serve on only one group at
a time. Participationis determined through an application process overseen by the
chair of each group, the GWCTA's Senior Vice President Tourism and the Director,,
Destination Campaign Marketing. Selection is based on experience and ability to provide
beneficial guidance in the specific marketing area that each group undertakes. Advisory
group membership is for a one-year period, but is renewable. Vacancies
are filled either from the previous pool of applicants or a new solicitation of
applicants at the discretion of the Chair, the GWCTA's Senior Vice President - Tourism and
the Director, Destination Campaign Marketing.
Chairs Meeting Notes 6-24-13